I have installed SQL Server 2014 developer edition on my personnel laptop today.
All you need to do is to join Visual Studio Dev Essentials and access benefits @ https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-dev-essentials-vs.aspx.
There are multiple other benefits also…
- Visual Studio team services
- Pluralsight 6 month subscription
- Azure – 25$ monthly credit for 12 months
- Microsoft R Server developer edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 developer edition
- Universal Windows Platform VM – 60 day trial
- Parallel Desktop for Mac Pro, Parallel Access – 3 Month subscription
- Power BI Free plan
- Office Online Free plan
- And more…