Visual Studio Code is the new code editor from Microsoft. Following are few reasons why started using it and liking it!
* Cross Platform availablity: VS Code is available across Windows, Linux, and mac. This provides same experience using different OS
* Intellisense is rich and supports multiple languages – At leaast 45 different languages like SQL, Powershell, R, Dockerfile, C#, Python, Java Script.
* Version control is very helpful. I use github, I stopped using command line but depending on vscode now. Started using it for File comparison.
* Single place to manage almost all my text files. I started using VSCode for SQL, Powershell, BatchFiles, C# , Python and all other files.
* Debug features are very helpful
* Extensions are Abundant verify @https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/vscode
* Configuration: Too many features to configure, customize the way you like!
Other useful information:
* Key board shortcuts: https://code.visualstudio.com/shortcuts/keyboard-shortcuts-windows.pdf (Windows)
Start using it, reference to start: @ https://code.visualstudio.com/docs